There are a variety of steps, that once taken, will likely lead you to the sperm donor of your choice. This will be the person who will provide the directions, if you will, from the male perspective, to help your child become who he or she is intended to become. It is worth your while to spend some time on this leg of your race! You are, after all, searching for your child!
This article dovetails nicely with “How to Acquire your Sperm Donor.” Follow the steps below to find your golden treasure.
1) Google Sperm Donor
2) Peruse Database
3) Establish criteria for ideal candidates
4) Put criteria in writing
5) Have your partner establish criteria
6) Create an ideal candidate
7) Search for ideal candidate in database
8) Select a few
9) Get a staff impression of the donors
10) Acquire photos or other supporting data
11) Review supporting materials
12) Make final selection
14) Make arrangements to ship sperm
15) Celebrate your achievement
Take some time right now to jot down what criteria were important to you. If you have already completed this process note any factors that made this leg of the race easier.
Lisa J Lafave, PhD, MBA, ACC
The Surrogacy Coach from Surrogacy Rocks
CEO & Founder of Coaching Rocks, LLC
A Single Mom By Choice Raising Surrogacy Twin Boys
Written at Penske Automotive in Beachwood, Ohio